Public Nuisance & Property Maintenance: Chapter 18
- A general clean-up and consolidation of the divisions and sections
- The addition of a specific prohibition of barbed wire fencing on residential land to promote public safety
- An increase of the civil penalties from $200 to $250. Please note that in violations of Chapter 18, the Court has the discretion to reduce the penalties by 50 percent if the property owner can demonstrate compliance at the time of the hearing.
- The deletion of Administrative Citations as an enforcement tool. This is consistent with the recently adopted Text Amendment 6-TA-2013 where Administrative Citations were deleted from the Zoning Ordinance.
View Chapter 18 with proposed changes (pdf/400kb/26pp)
Provide feedback by Friday, Jan. 31, to Raun Keagy, Planning, Neighborhood & Transportation Director:
- Email: RKeagy@ScottsdaleAZ.gov
- Call: 480-312-2373
- Write: Raun Keagy, Planning, Neighborhood & Transportation Director, Community Design Studio, 7506 E. Indian School Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
The City Council is scheduled to consider proposed amendments at its regularly-scheduled meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 25, at 5 p.m., in the City Hall Kiva, 3939 N. Drinkwater Blvd. View the meeting agenda and where on it the item will be placed closer to the meeting date.