The Scottsdale City Council adopted a newly-created Pedalbus Ordinance in spring 2014. The ordinance sets basic safety standards, operating procedures and insurance requirements.
The city is proposing to amend the ordinance by:
- Adding a new classification of limousine pedalbuses, licensed by the state under limousines
- Allowing pedalbuses to be six inches wider than what the current ordinance regulates
- Allowing limousine pedalbuses not to have amber lights on front since they’re licensed as motor vehicles
- Changing the insurance requirements to align with that of regular limousines
- Allowing passengers on state licensed limousine pedalbuses to drink beer or wine in plastic or paper cups