The Scottsdale City Council adopted a newly-created Pedalbus Ordinance in spring 2014. The ordinance sets basic safety standards, operating procedures and insurance requirements.
The amended ordinance:
- Added a new classification of limousine pedalbuses, licensed by the state under limousines
- Allows pedalbuses to be six inches wider than what the prior ordinance regulated
- Allows limousine pedalbuses not to have amber lights on front since they’re licensed as motor vehicles
- Changed the insurance requirements to align with that of regular limousines
- Allows passengers on state licensed limousine pedalbuses to drink beer or wine in plastic or paper cups