Pedalbus Ordinance - proposed amendment
Scottsdale City Council adopted a newly-created Pedalbus Ordinance in spring 2014. The ordinance sets basic safety standards, operating procedures and insurance requirements.
The city is proposing to amend the ordinance by:
- Adding a new classification of limousine pedalbuses, licensed by the state under limousines
- Allowing pedalbuses to be six inches wider than what the current ordinance regulates
- Allowing limousine pedalbuses not to have amber lights on front since they’re licensed as motor vehicles
- Changing the insurance requirements to align with that of regular limousines
- Allowing passengers on state licensed limousine pedalbuses to drink beer or wine in plastic or paper cups
Proposed amendments to Pedalbus Ordinance (pdf/104kb/3pp)
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK:
- Attend an open house:
Tuesday, Feb. 24
5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Community Design Studio
7506 E. Indian School Road
- Email: Police Officer Eric Bolles at EBolles@ScottsdaleAZ.gov
- Call: Police Officer Eric Bolles at 480-312-2594
The City Council is expected to consider these changes in the spring.
Check this website for updates.