EMSD Goals for Downtown Scottsdale, 2002-2006
Activities to be provided by the District funding through property taxes collected for 5-year period 2002 - 2006.
The following list of goals and activities outlines a general work program for the provision of marketing, advertising and promotional programs funded through the enhanced municipal services district mechanism.
Goals - Marketing & Promotion
- Provide marketing and advertising opportunities for all segments of the Downtown, geared toward local and regional markets.
- Produce special events to attract repeat visitors and customers to Downtown which may
- ArtFest on 5th Avenue
- Art Walk
- Summer Spectacular Art Walk
- Street Art Live
- Market in the Village - Farmers Market
- Chicago Fest
- Western Art Weekend
- Western Heritage Week
- Pancakes Del Sol
- Parada Del Sol Trail's End Party
- Promote activities that support the overall Downtown vision while recognizing the uniqueness of the individual area within the Downtown.
- Continue an image program that includes logo and theme colors with an implementation plan detailing the usage of Downtown logos on signs, banners, uniforms, shopping bags, etc.
- Continue various publications and brochures such and Downtown Map, Directory, restaurant guide, additional supplements, web site, and newsletter.
- Develop and continue strong public and media relationships through cooperative advertising and other leverage opportunities.