Remodel or Rebuild?
Planning a major remodel and aren't sure it it would be easier/cheaper to just start over? There are several things to consider:
- Future Plans
- Any residential improvement that involves 25% or more of the existing structure; and/or adds more than 25% to the original structure, requires that fire sprinklers be installed.
- If the roof comes off or if more than 50% of the structure is torn down or remodeled, the remaining building must be brought up to current codes.
City Review Fees
- Fees for remodels is 30% per sq ft verses 100% for new construction.
- Demolition Permits
- Water Meter Calcs (pdf/43kb/1p)
- Fire Sprinkler Worksheet (xls/15kb/1sheet)
This list may not include all fees that may be applicable to your project; it is meant only to help you in estimating. Final fees will be calcluated at submittal.