Signs Digital Submittal Requirements
Effective January 2, 2013 changes
File Format & Limitations
Adobe PDF file format (8 1/2" x 11" and 11" x 17") are accepted.
- Autodesk DWF file format (24" x 36") are accepted.
- No plans exceeding 24" x 36" will be accepted.
- The upload mechanism limits file size to under 20 MB per file.
- Must submit Sign Permit Application PDF form with drawings (see submittal requirements below).
Please prepare the following documents in a digital format (PDF or DWF). Save each file in an accessible location on your computer:
- COMPLETED SIGN PERMIT APPLICATION* (use this form for digital submittals)
*Download the Sign Permit Application PDF form and save it on your computer. You can fill out the form using Adobe Acrobat by saving a copy on your computer. You may also print the application out, fill out the document, and then scan it back into your computer in PDF or JPG format. IMPORTANT: Not having the form with all of the other required documents listed below in a digital format will result in a delay in the processing your application.
- REQUEST FOR SITE VISITS AND/OR INSPECTIONS (Inside the Sign Permit Application)
- SITE PLAN* (for Building Wall Signs when applicable)
*Must show location of suite/building & must show suite/building frontage dimensions.
- SITE PLAN* (for Freestanding Signs when applicable)
*Must show dimensions from sign(s) to reference points (property line and street/driveway curbs).
- COLOR SIGN ELEVATIONS/RENDERINGS & SPECIFICATIONS*
*Must show tenant/building frontage measurement(s) on elevation(s).
- SIGN SECTION & INSTALLATION DETAILS (for Building Walll Signs when applicable)
- SIGN STRUCTURAL & FOOTING DETAILS (for Freestanding Signs when applicable)
- PROPERTY OWNER APPROVAL LETTER
- SCOTTSDALE BUSINESS LICENSE NUMBER*
*If required by the City of Scottsdale Tax & License Department. Call 480-312-2400 to verify.
Submit 1 copy of each digital file as required in Step 1 above (including the Sign Permit Application) to the following link: http://eservices.scottsdaleaz.gov/eservices/planreview/default.aspx
During and after you've completed the process, we'd like to hear from you. What did you like best? What did you like least? How can we make it better?
- Phone: 480-312-7800 or 480-312-7828
- E-mail: SIGNS