Neighborhood Notification and Involvement
The project type determines which neighborhood involvement efforts are applicable (see process chart for listing of project types and requirements). The goal is to have notification and community involvement prior to the filing of a application submittal. Additional notification is required for the public hearing process pursuant to State Statutes and the Zoning Ordinance. Because requirements vary by project type and scale; specific requirements are outlined by staff at the pre-application meeting.
- Notification Best Practices (pdf/62kb/1p)
- Early Notification Site Posting - white sign (pdf/42kb/2pp)
- Public Hearing Site Posting - red sign (pdf/42kb/2pp)
- Neighborhood Notification Checklist - AB, BOA, UP, DRB, HE, HP and MUMSP (pdf/159kb/2pp)
- Neighborhood Involvement - General Plan Checklist (pdf/34kb/2pp)
- Citizen Review Checklist (TA) (pdf/34kb/2pp)
- Citizen Review Checklist (ZN) (pdf/138kb/2pp)
- Postcard Notifications
Need property owner addresses? Go to the Maricopa County Assessors online maps at www.maricopa.gov/Assessor/GIS/map.html . Enter the parcel number for your project, then use the buffer tool to enter the radius that you need.
- Zoning Ordinance - Sec. 1.305 C, Citizen Review Process
- Posting signs on the property
Contact the Current Planning Department at 480-312-7000 or e-mail PlanningInfo@Sottsdaleaz.gov.