Haul Permit/City Review required:
- For less than 1,000 cubic yards as determined by the Chief Development Officer or designee (based on potential impacts)
- For over 1,000 cubic yards of dirt or debris that require use of public rights-of-way
- Hauls that do not require use of public-rights-of-way but have potential impacts
- For all capital project truck hauls that meet the above criteria
City Review Process:
- Complete a dirt haul application (pdf/51kb/2pp). Any questions contact Bill Kalber/Field Engineering at 480-312-8122.
- Submit the completed dirt haul application to Bill Kalber/Field Engineering by e-mail to bkalber@Scottsdaleaz.gov.
- The application will be reviewed to ensure appropriate barricades, traffic control, dust control, SWPPP, truck routing and advance community notification are in place.
Application information to include:
- Barricade design (if needed)
- Community notification
- Truck Route Map details
Article XXI, Traffic Schedules, Sec. 17-1004, Truck Routes, states:
In accordance with the provisions of section 17-60 and when signs are erected giving notice of the adopted truck routes; no person shall operate any commercial vehicle exceeding ten thousand (10,000) pounds gross vehicle weight at any time upon any streets or part of a street, except for the purpose of picking up or delivering of materials or merchandise; they may leave adopted truck route by the nearest route to travel a distance no greater than three-fourths of a mile, in so doing not crossing another truck route, after which they must return immediately by the nearest route, not to exceed three-fourths of a mile, and in so doing, shall not cross another truck route, to an adopted truck route as follows:
(Code 1972, 11-807; Ord. No. 1838, 2, 10-14-85; Ord. No. 1918, 10-20-80)
City will specify notification requirements to inform property owners in the vicinity of the dirt haul route. See Dirt Haul Neighborhood Notification Packet (pdf/216kb/3pp)
Bill Kalber, Field Engineering Supervisor