It is the City’s goal to permit events that are safe and minimize adverse impacts to the quality of life for Scottsdale residents and business owners.
What are Special Events?
- Events within the Rights-of-Way on streets and sidewalks
- Outdoor amplified sound
- Street Closures
- Events which may impact residents
- Any event which is outside of a venue
The Special Events Committee reviews applications and approves Special Event permits. The Committee's goal is to permit events, which are safe and do not adversely impact area residents and businesses. The committee contains staff representatives from various departments including Planning, Neighborhoods, Transportation, Police, Fire and Economic Development.
Complete the Special Event Application (pdf/331kb/10pp)
Print the application form, fill in the blanks, include any required documents and bring into the One Stop Shop at 7447 E. Indian School Rd, Ste 100, for submittal and payment of application fees.
The City of Scottsdale is accepting applications proposing Super Bowl related special events. Please note that public venues and streets are not first come-first serve. Applications will be reviewed equally and events will be approved based on what makes the most sense from a programming, traffic, and public safety perspective.
- Fire/Safety Applications
- Bingo Applications
- Temporary Use of Public Right-of-Way (pdf/141kb/1p)
- Tent/Sidewalk Sale Application (pdf/70kb/2pp)
Tourism Event Support
For questions regarding the Match Event Advertising Funding Program or Event Development support, please call the City of Scottsdale Economic Development Department at 480-312-7989.
- Marshall Way Bridge
- Within 65' of the SRP canal (SRP owns this buffer area on either side of the canal)
- Soleri Bridge
Refer to: SRP permit information
Other Event Venues
The following is a list of locations that have been popular in the past, but Special Events are not limited to these locations.
- City Parks - Contact Facility Booking at 480-312-7707 prior to submitting your Special Event Permit Pre-Application. A Special Event Permit is not required unless your event extends beyond the park.
- Civic Center Mall - The Mall area is managed by the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts. For reservation information, call 480-874-4607 or go to http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/parks/ScottsdaleMall.
- Scottsdale Stadium - Contact Scottsdale Stadium at 480-312-2586. For reservation information, go to http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/stadium/reservations. A Special Event Permit is not required unless your event extends beyond the Stadium.
- WestWorld - Contact the WestWorld Event Booking and Contract Coordinator at 480-312-6806. A Special Event Permit is not required for WestWorld events.
- Shopping Centers (and similar tenant properties) - Written approval is required from the landowner, management company, and/or other controlling entity and must be included with the Special Event Permit Application.
Special Event Committee Chair