The City of Scottsdale funds non-profit agencies to conduct human services programs in Scottsdale. The city budgets annually for these services in the General Fund and awards funding on an annual basis during the funding process. Eligible services include:
- Brokerage Services – services provided by non-profit agencies within City of Scottsdale Human Service facilities
- Domestic Violence Shelter Services – shelter services for domestic violence victims. Shelters may be situated in Scottsdale or may assist Scottsdale residents at alternate sites.
- Legal Services – access to legal counsel as well as evaluation and enforcement of rights.
- Regional Shelter Services – temporary housing for homeless persons within Maricopa County. Scottsdale does not have an emergency homeless shelter; therefore, the city contributes a proportional share towards the continuum of care for homelessness on a countywide basis.
- Senior Services – public services for Scottsdale residents 60 years of age or older. Some programs designated for the “elderly” or for “seniors” are available to participants who are younger than 60 years.
This year the Scottsdale City Council has approved the following projects.
- FY 2014/15 General Funds Funding Resolution (pdf/82kb/2pp)
Justin Boyd, Housing Coordinator