Family Self-Sufficiency Program
What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?
The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program is a voluntary program for current participants of the City of Scottsdale Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Section 8 Program.
- How to achieve your dreams and goals.
- How to use the community partnerships to find help and support with education, training, financial literacy, day care, self-empowerment, self-employment, and employment.
- About writing your dreams into small and achievable goals.
- About attending workshops and conferences where there are other like-minded people who want to take small steps to larger goals.
- About earning an ESCROW by increasing earned income enough that the tenant rent is increased---and the savings goes into an account that is paid when all goals are achieved!
- It's about wanting more!
Download the FSS Brochure to learn more.
You are eligible if you meet the following criteria:
1. A current HCV participant living in Scottsdale
2. At least 18 years old
3. Wanting to change the way you live now
4. Wanting to learn more and obtain job training
5. Wanting to get away from using public assistance
6. Willing to receive case management and sign an FSS Contract of Participation
How do I get Started?
- Complete an FSS Interest & Application form
- Attend an FSS Briefing session or one-on-one information session
- Complete a Request for Participation form
- Meet with the FSS Specialist and write down the goals that need to be achieved within 5 years
- Sign an FSS Contract of Participation
Staff contact is: