Scottsdale Teen Employment Symposium
ONE AND one HALF DAY EVENT: OCTOBER 13-14, 2015
We appreciate the commitment of the volunteers, partners and donors for making the 2014 Scottsdale Teen Employment Symposium possible.
What is the Scottsdale Teen Employment Symposium?
This one and one half-day, FREE, fun and educational event will educate and prepare teens to be job ready now and for their future.
Mandatory attendance, Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. and
Optional attendance, Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2015, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
The event will consist of:
Day One, Oct. 13, 2015 - Job search sessions and activities covering interviewing skills, job applications, dressing to impress, resume writing, college and career exploration, and mock interviews.
Day Two, Oct. 14, 2015 (optional):
Open Job Search Lab and Assistance - Volunteers will be present to help teens write professional resumes, fill out job applications, practice interviewing skills and provide other hands-on job seeking assistance.
Symposium Job Fair - Employers will be present to recruit for open holiday and year-round positions. Volunteer programs may be present.
Please note, Day Two, Wednesday, Oct. 14 is an optional day. We strongly encourage teens to return Wednesday, to apply for open enrollment positions at the Symposium Job Fair and get assistance at the Job Search Lab but attendance is not mandatory.
Scottsdale Community College
9000 E. Chaparral Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85256
Turquoise Room in the Student Center
NOTE: This location is on the Scottsdale Trolley Line
The Scottsdale Teen Employment Symposium will be open and available for teens who are:
- 15 - 18 years old
- A Scottsdale resident or attend a Scottsdale school
- Interested in learning more about gaining and pursuing college/careers
- Please see our parent information sheet for more details
The Event will consist of:
- Inspiring Key Note Speaker
- Professionals/Employers as speakers, mock interviewers and exhibitors
- 6 Educational/Interactive teen oriented workshop sessions
- Continental Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided over two day event
- “Symposium Fair” with employers, college/career exhibitors and businesses
- Mock Interviews for every teen participant on Day Two
- Door prizes and gift cards for fun, job or school related activities
Scottsdale Teen Employment Program (STEP)
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
If you need assistance to access this program, please contact Adapted Recreation Services at 480-312-2234. All requests must be made after completing your registration and be requested a minimum of 14 business days prior to the starting date of the program.