Dust Control Measures: Resident Impacts
New dust control restrictions may affect you!
Residential & Commercial Driveways/Parking Areas
Two new city ordinances are required by this law--dust-proof paving for developments; and dust-proof paving for residential driveways.
- One ordinance will apply to parking, maneuvering, ingress and egress areas at all developments other than residential buildings with four pr fewer units;
- The other ordinance will apply to driveways/parking/maneuvering areas that together total >3,000 sq ft for residential buildings with four or fewer units.
Prohibits the operation of ANY vehicle on an unpaved surface that is NOT a Public or Private road, Street or Lawful Easement and that is closed by the landowner.
This includes vehicles such as:
- Off-highway vehicles (OHVs)
- Off-road recreational motor vehicles (ORRMVs)
- All-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
High Pollution Advisory (HPA) & No Burn Day Restrictions
- Prohibits wood burning in indoor residential fireplaces (existing ban)
- Prohibits wood burning in outdoor chimineas, fire pits, etc.
(This applies to both residences and businesses.)
- Prohibits all ATV use.
Prohibits blowing landscape debris into public roadways at any time by any person.
Prohibits using leaf blowers on bare, native soil (they can only be used on stabilized surfaces such as:
- Finished landscape (Decomposed granite or similar stabilizing surfaces)
Prohibits vehicle parking on unpaved surfaces. This includes vehicles for sale parked on:
- Dirt shoulders
- Vacant lots
- Block corners
Requires vacant lot owners to control dust if ground surface has been disturbed. SOLUTIONS to restabilize disturbed surfaces:
- Growing Vegetation
- Applying Dust Palliatives, etc.
Prohibits vehicle driving on vacant lots. SOLUTIONS to prevent vehicle trespassing:
- Berms, etc.
For more information,
Environmental Office: 480-312-7899