Arizona Lateral Transfer Process
The Scottsdale Police Department hires qualified candidates who are currently State of Arizona certified police officers. Candidates must meet the minimum requirements of the position and complete a police officer application.
• The most qualified candidates are invited to the test, which includes a written and physical fitness component. The testing process will take approximately six hours.
• Candidates who pass the initial testing process are invited to an oral interview. Candidates who pass the interview are notified to complete a background information packet and are required to return the information within 7-10 days.
• Each background packet will be reviewed and qualified candidates who do not have disqualifiers or other areas of concern, are scheduled for a background interview. Candidates also take a polygraph as part of the background investigation process.
• Qualified candidates who successfully pass the background process are submitted to police management for review and if approved, a conditional job offer is made.
• Upon successful completion of the conditional job offer (*medical examination, psychological evaluation and drug/alcohol screening), candidates are given an actual job offer. This entire process takes about two to three months.
*Pursuant to Arizona POST requirements as specificed in Arizona Administrative Code: R13-4-107
If you have any questions, please contact Senior Public Safety Analyst Sue Sola, at 480-312-1931 or spspstaff@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
The Scottsdale Public Safety Personnel Unit reserves the right to change this process.