Arizona Lateral Transfer Process
NEW RECRUIT | AZ LATERAL | OUT OF STATE (CERTIFIED) | SELECTION PROCESS
FITNESS PROTOCOLS | WRITTEN TEST | HOW TO APPLY | TEST DATES
HEARING & VISION REQUIREMENTS | EMPLOYMENT INTEREST FORM | WOMEN IN POLICING
The Scottsdale Police Department hires qualified candidates who are currently State of Arizona certified police officers. Candidates must meet the minimum requirements of the position and complete a police officer application.
• The most qualified candidates are invited to the test, which includes a written and physical fitness component. The testing process will take approximately six hours.
• Candidates who pass the initial testing process are invited to an oral interview. Candidates who pass the interview are notified to complete a background information packet and are required to return the information within 7-10 days.
• Each background packet will be reviewed and qualified candidates who do not have disqualifiers or other areas of concern, are scheduled for a background interview. Candidates also take a polygraph as part of the background investigation process.
• Qualified candidates who successfully pass the background process are submitted to police management for review and if approved, a conditional job offer is made.
• Upon successful completion of the conditional job offer (*medical examination, psychological evaluation and drug/alcohol screening), candidates are given an actual job offer. This entire process takes about two to three months.
*Pursuant to Arizona POST requirements as specificed in Arizona Administrative Code: R13-4-107
If you have any questions, please contact the Police Personnel Unit at 480-312-1933 or spspstaff@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
The Scottsdale Police Personnel Unit reserves the right to change this process.