Safe Shopping Tips from Scottsdale PD
The holiday season is a good time to remind our community about some common sense safety practices when out shopping in Scottsdale.
1. Our most important tip is to beware of your surroundings at all times. Don’t let any would-be thief take you by surprise. If someone you don't know is approaching you, make eye contact and ask them what they want before they get close to you.
2. Make sure you keep your purse and wallet securely in your possession and don’t let them out of your sight at any time.
3. Lock your vehicle doors at all times. Even while driving.
4. Don’t leave anything of value visible in your vehicle. If a thief can’t see anything of value in your car, then they will most likely move on to another one.
5. Park in areas of parking lots that have abundant lighting and in areas that are well traveled.
6. If you use credit cards, keep track of your credit card purchases and check your account activity regularly.
7. Keep the amount of cash you have on your person at a minimum.
8. Please report any suspicious activity to police or security immediately.