Media Contact: Patty Jo Angelini, Scottsdale Fire Department (480) 312‐1815 office
Get a Heart Beating this Valentine's Month: Hands-only CPR Classes free of charge.
Scottsdale Fire Department is offering free Hands‐Only CPR presentations at Fire Stations and Senior Centers during the month of February.
During these free presentations, individuals will learn to perform Hands‐Only CPR and use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) to shock the heart. This new CPR technique is simple to do, safe, does not require mouth‐to-mouth contact, and can dramatically improve a person’s chance of survival.
The Scottsdale Fire Department is hoping to train its 10,000th person this month.
“A family member, friend or coworker may have the opportunity to give someone they care about a second chance at life. Together, we will make Scottsdale a Heart Safe community,” said Fire Chief Garret Olson.
Advance registration is required, as space is limited. The presentations at the fire stations are limited to individuals 9 years of age and older. To sign up, go to CPR Registration or call (480) 312‐8000.
Here's a schedule of upcoming classes:
- Saturday, Feb. 11, 10-11:30 am, DC Ranch Fire Station 11, 20355 N. Pima Road
- Sunday, Feb. 12, 1:30-3 pm, Lone Mountain Fire Station 15, 31802 N. Pima Road
- Monday, Feb. 13, 1:30-3 pm, Granite Reef Senior Center, 1700 N. Granite Reef Road
- Tuesday, Feb. 14, 6:30-8 pm, Cactus Acres Fire Station 8, 9598 E. Cactus Road
- Wednesday, Feb. 15, 3:30-5 pm, Via Linda Senior Center, 10440 E. Via Linda
- Tuesday, Feb. 28, 10-11:30 am, Fire Station 3, 7339 E. McDonald Drive
No CPR certification cards will be issued at these presentations. For a listing of additional CPR, First Aid and Babysitter certification courses, visit the CPR Classes information page.