Request a Hearing
TO QUALIFY TO HAVE A VALIDITY HEARING YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
1. You must request the hearing within 10 days of the date of the impound.
2. You must be contesting the validity of the impound, meaning you believe the Officer made an error when impounding your vehicle, or you believe an error was made by someone else (MVD or the Court System) and the vehicle should not have been impounded.
3. You must be the owner of the car, on record with the Motor Vehicle Department, at the time the vehicle was impounded.
4. You may be the attorney appointed by the owner. You must be currently licensed to practice law in the State of Arizona and have a letter from the owner showing they are giving you authority to request, and participate in, the hearing on their behalf.
5. If you are the Lien Holder you may request a hearing if you believe the impound was invalid. If you only desire an early release for repossession, go to the "Lien Holder and Repossession" link and the "Claiming Your Vehicle" link.
A VALIDITY HEARING IS NOT USED TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR AN EARLY RELEASE.
To determine if you qualify for an early release, go to the link for "Claiming Your Vehicle/Early Release Information".
TO REQUEST A VALIDITY HEARING:
You must go IN PERSON to the Scottsdale Police Department located at 7601 E. Mckellips in Scottsdale Monday through Friday between 8:30AM and 4:30PM.