Police Department Records Request
Police reports are available from the Public Safety Records Department. The Records Department is located at the East end of the Police/Fire headquarters (Lou Witzeman Public Safety Building).
8401 E. Indian School Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Hours of Operation - Public Window
- Monday - Friday: 8 am to 6 pm (except for city holidays)
- Saturday - Sunday: Closed
- Complete a written request form, in person or by mail
- (Electronic, telephonic or fax requests are not accepted)
- Provide the report number, date and location of incident or collision and names of all parties involved
- COST: $5.00 per report for the first 30 pages, plus .25 for each page over 30. We accept payment for the exact amount of the report in the form of cash, check or money order payable to the City of Scottsdale
- NOTE: Overnight deliveries are subject to central processing through the mail room and are not received in Records on the noted delivery date.
To obtain a copy of a Collision Report ONLINE
The Scottsdale Police Department has partnered with DOCVIEW, LLC to provide our collision reports online for convenience and secure access. You will need the date of collision, the departmental report number (DR#) and a valid credit card to access your report for a quick and easy download. DocView.US.
To obtain a Record of Search for personal criminal history
- A written request form must be completed in person during the above hours of operation
- A current Photo ID, such as a Driver's License or Passport is required
- COST: $10.00 per search
- The Record of Search is for City of Scottsdale jurisdiction ONLY
If you need a national check or clearance letter, (ex: immigration, obtaining a visa or foreign adoption) contact the FBI:
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Special Correspondence Unit
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306