Recruitment and Selection
The department’s recruitment and testing process varies by position.
• Applications are first screened for minimum qualifications.
• Top candidates are identified for further testing and/or oral interviews.
• Police Officer applicants are required to participate in a physical agility test, multiple choice written test and other writing exercises. Applicants who are successful in each phase of the testing process are invited to an oral interview.
• Communication Dispatcher applicants are required to take a computerized test measuring their ability to listen and type information, as well as memory recall.
• Other civilian positions may require applicants to take a written test or other skill identifying assessments and an oral interview.
For more information, please contact Personnel Specialist Sue Sola, firstname.lastname@example.org or at 480-312-1933.
You can also visit our recruitment website.