Special Event Requirements
Special Event (For Vendors) Licensing Requirements
Transaction Privilege (Sales) & Use Tax License
Dear Business Owner,
If you have participated in an event in Scottsdale before, welcome back! If this is your first event, welcome to Scottsdale. We look forward to working with you and hope to make your application process experience as simple as possible. Below is some information that will help you with the process:
- All show participants selling merchandise are required to have a City of Scottsdale Transaction Privilege Sales and Use Tax License. Temporary licenses are available, if you will be conducting business for less than 30 consecutive days; the fee is $25.00. If you will be doing several shows in Scottsdale, we do have permanent licenses available. Permanent licenses require a $12.00 application fee plus an annual fee of $50.00. The annual fee is prorated by the quarter. Please complete the application online. Once completed, print and return the application with a check for the appropriate fees. Please make your check(s) payable to: City of Scottsdale.
- Arizona State law now requires that any individual/sole proprietor applying (in person) for a license must present one of the following documents indicating that the individual is authorized by federal law to work in the United States:
• An Arizona driver license issued after 1996 or an Arizona non-operating identification license.
• A driver license issued by a state that verifies lawful presence in the U.S. (Licenses from HI, IL, NM, UT, & WA do not meet the requirement)
• A birth certificate or delayed birth certificate issued in any state, territory or possession of the U.S.
• A U.S. certificate of birth abroad.
• A U.S. passport.
• A foreign passport with a U.S. work visa.
(For a complete list of acceptable documents please see document attached).
- If you are an individual/sole proprietor applying (by mail), you must submit a certified copy of your birth certificate and a legible copy of your driver’s license with the application.*
If you have participated in events in the City of Scottsdale previously and you have not filed and/or paid all previous sales tax returns, or fulfilled prior license requirements, you may not be able to participate in this event or any future events. Please call us if this is your situation so that we can work together to establish a suitable arrangement to bring your account current.
It is very important that you return your application PRIOR to the event. This will save you time, travel and inconvenience when you arrive in Scottsdale.
If you would like to apply in person, our office is located at: 7447 E. Indian School Rd. Ste 110. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please call us at 480-312-2400.
Tax and License Registration
*Please note that if you provided Right to Work documentation to the City of Scottsdale since October, 2008, you are not required to provide documentation until the documents you submitted expire. If you provided your birth certificate or passport since October you will not be required to provide further documentation. If in doubt, please call us at the number above and we will be glad to help.