Submittal Requirements For Single-Family Projects
Effective July 1, 2010 - all property owners applying for a permit for new construction will be required to submit a properly completed Owner Builder Form (pdf/968kb/3pp) at plan submittal, before a building permit will be issued.
The City is currently limiting SFR participation in the digital submittal process to properties that have a single-family (R1) zoning - i.e. R1-43, R1-190, etc.
File Format & Limitations
Autodesk DWF file format, in black and white, is the standard for submittal and reviewing plans. The city uses Autodesk Design Review for maximum flexibility in "rolling up" plans, viewing redlines, limiting files sizes, etc.
- Digital Submittal is only available to projects less than 40 sheets in size.
- The upload mechanism limits file size to under 20 MB.
- Sheet naming conventions need to follow the Design Standards and Policies Manual (DS&PM) requirements.
- Floor/foundation/framing plans shall be on one (1) sheet (without match lines).
- A file for mechanical plans (name file MPE.dwf)
- A second file including architectural and structural plans (name file ARCH.dwf)
- Floor plan/dimensioned/noted.
- Foundation plan, dimensioned.
- Floor/roof framing plan.
- minimum 2 building cross sections.
- minimum 4 building elevations.
- electrical sheets.
- detail sheet(s).
- A planning set (name file PLANNING.dwf)
- a file for a Civil Site Plan
- a file for Native plant inventory and plan
- a file for a Roof Analysis (if required) and
- Other supplemental materials (supported file types: PDF, Word, & Excel)
Digital Signature Acceptance – per the Board of Technical Registration:
A-30-304 Use of Seals G. An electronic signature, as an option to a permanently legible signature, in accordance with A.R.S. Title 41 and Title 44, is acceptable for all professional documents. The registrant shall provide adequate security regarding the use of the seal and signature.
Call 602-364-4930 for more information.
During and after you've completed the process, we'd like to hear from you. What did you like best? What did you like least? How can we make it better?
- Phone: 480-312-7800
- E-mail: PlanningInfo@scottsdaleaz.gov