Traffic Restrictions Update
July 2, 2015
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale July 3-12. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
View an interactive Downtown parking, trolley and information map.
LOOP 101 RESTRICTIONS
McDowell Road interchange
All exit and entrance ramps at the Loop 101 Freeway and McDowell Road interchange will be closed through August 1.
Indian School Road interchange
All exit and entrance ramps at the Loop 101 Freeway and Indian School Road interchange will be closed through August 22.
Recommended alternate freeway exits to access the downtown Scottsdale area:
- Chaparral Road freeway exit to either southbound Pima or Hayden roads.
- Thomas Road freeway exit to northbound Pima, Hayden, Miller or Scottsdale roads.
The city will monitor traffic and adjust signals along these routes to ensure optimum traffic flows.
The Arizona Department of Transportation selected summer for this work because traffic volumes are low.
Once complete, the Loop 101 widening project will add an additional travel lane in each direction between Shea Boulevard and McKellips Road. Two additional travel lanes will be added between the northbound Loop 101 / Loop 202 interchange and McDowell Road.
For more information, call ADOT at 1-855-712-8530
Loop 101 project overview
Loop 101 project and traffic restriction updates
Watch a YouTube video on the project.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- Monterey Way will be fully closed between 75th Street and Miller Road weekdays through July 25 to permit utility work.
- The eastbound curb lane on McDonald Drive will be closed from 78th Street to Granite Reef Road 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through Monday, July 13, to permit utility work.
- The northbound right turn lane on Miller Road will be closed south of Thomas Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, July 3, for emergency water repairs.
- Southbound 70th Street will be closed from immediately south of Supai Way to Osborn Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. through Saturday, July 4, as emergency water repairs take place. During the same dates and times, Osborn Road will be reduced to one lane in both direction and traffic will be shifted to the south side of the road at 70th Street.
- The southbound curb lane on Miller Road will be closed immediately south of Camelback Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Monday, July 13, to permit trench work.
- The southbound right turn only lane on Civic Center Plaza will be closed immediately north of Thomas Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, July 10, as utility work occurs.
- Hayden Road will experience multiple lane restrictions in both directions immediately south of Osborn Road weekdays July 6 – 10.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- 124th Street will be fully closed to northbound through traffic immediately north of Summit Drive and fully closed to 124th Street southbound traffic at the Lost Dog Wash Trailhead through Aug. 1 to permit roundabout construction. Suggested detour route: Via Linda/118th Street north to 120th Street, north to Columbine Drive
- Eastbound traffic on Mountain View Road will be shifted to the two-way left turn lane from 108th to 112th streets 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through July 16 to permit trench work.
- Northbound traffic on Scottsdale Road will be reduced by one lane at Sweetwater Avenue 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through July 15 as utility work occurs. During the same dates and times, traffic in both directions on Sweetwater Avenue will be shifted into the two-way left turn lane immediately east of Scottsdale Road.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Westbound traffic on Terravita Way will be shifted to the left turn lane at Scottsdale Road through Aug. 14 as a new guard shack is built.
- The northbound right turn lane on Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard will be closed at Redfield Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Friday, July 10, as utility work occurs.
- Northbound traffic on 84th Street will be shifted to the southbound side of the roadway and controlled by flaggers at Black Mountain Road Monday – Saturday through Friday, July 17, to permit trench and utility work.
- The eastbound curb lane on Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard will be closed immediately west of Thompson Peak Parkway and west of 100th Street 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Thursday, July 9, to permit utility work. During the same dates and times, the northbound curb lane on 100th Street will be closed south of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Traffic on 76th Street will be shifted to the two-way center immediately north of Thompson Peak Parkway 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Wednesday, July 8, as utility repairs occur. During those same dates and times, eastbound traffic on Grayhawk Drive will be shifted to the two-way center at 76th Street, and the eastbound right turn bay on Thompson Peak Parkway will be closed at Hayden Road.