Traffic Restrictions Update
Jan. 22, 2015
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Jan. 16 - 25. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
WASTE MANAGEMENT PHOENIX OPEN
The 2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open golf tournament takes place Monday, Jan. 26 to Sunday, Feb. 1 at the Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale, 17020 N. Hayden Road. Phoenix Open parking locations and travel directions are available at Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Local residents are encouraged to use the Loop 101 Freeway instead of surface streets near the Tournament Players Club. To accommodate the large crowds expected at the event, several local street closures and restrictions are required for the duration of the event.
The following streets are closed to all traffic:
- Bell Road from Perimeter Drive to Hayden Road.
- 82nd Street between Princess Drive and Bell Road.
The following streets are restricted to residents, resort guests and event attendees with the appropriate passes:
- Princess Circle southbound from Scottsdale Road
- Princess Drive west of Hayden Road
- Princess Drive between Hayden Road and Pacesetter Way
- Hayden Road between Union Hills Drive and Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard
- Union Hills Drive east of Hayden Road
- 82nd Street between Union Hills Drive and Princess Drive
- Perimeter Drive between Union Hills Drive and Pacesetter Way
All areas within the Perimeter Center business park are accessible from the Loop 101 Pima Freeway and Princess Drive or Bell Road.
DOWNTOWN CLOSURES -- SPECIAL EVENTS
These road sections will be closed to all vehicle traffic to accommodate special events:
Winfield Scott Plaza will be closed between Fourth and Fifth avenues from Wednesday, Jan. 28, through Sunday, Feb. 1.
From Thursday, Jan. 29, through Monday, Feb. 2:
- Indian Plaza will be closed betwen Buckboard Trail to Saddlebag Trail
- Saddlebag Trail will be closed between Shoeman Lane and Camelback Road
- Shoeman Lane will be closed from Wells Fargo Avenue to Saddlebag Trail
Brown Avenue will be closed between Third and Fourth avenues on Friday, Jan. 30.
View a map of Downtown street closures related to special events.
View an interactive Downtown parking, trolley and information map.
LOOP 101 FREEWAY
Work continues to add lanes to the Loop 101 Pima Freeway between Shea Boulevard and the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway.
For specific closures and more information, visit ADOT.
UPPER CAMELBACK WASH PATH CLOSURE
Upper Camelback Wash shared-use path will be closed through Feb. 27 from Desert Cove Avenue to Cholla Street to permit grading and installation of a retaining wall. The rest of the path will remain open. A suggested alternative route uses 92nd Street and Cholla Street to connect back to the path.
Work crews will be present daily, but the area will remain marked and closed at all hours.
Please do not walk or ride in the marked-off areas of the work zone.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- Traffic on McDowell Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Miller Road to 77th Street through March 19 as bridge widening occurs.
- The intersection area of 75th Street and Sixth Avenue will at times experience lane restrictions in the north-, east-and westbound lanes from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Wednesday, Jan. 28, for waterline installation.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- Westbound traffic on Sweetwater Avenue will be shifted south at 102nd Street weekdays through Friday, Jan. 30, as utility work occurs.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- The southbound curb lane on Scottsdale Road will be closed at times at Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Jan. 23, as concrete and crane work occurs.
- Southbound traffic on 76th Street will be shifted to the two-way center at Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Jan. 23, as utility work takes place.
- The southbound curb lane on Pima Road will be closed at Jomax Road from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Jan. 30, to permit utility line work.
- The eastbound curb lane on Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard with be closed at Thompson Peak Parkway 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Wednesday, Jan. 28, to permit manhole access.
- The northbound curb lane on Pima Road will be closed at Jomax Road 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Jan. 30, for potholing.