Traffic Restrictions Update
April 23, 2015
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale April 24 through May 3. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
View an interactive Downtown parking, trolley and information map.
LOOP 101 RESTRICTIONS
Freeway-improvement work will restrict parts of the Loop 101 according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Drivers are asked to consider alternate routes, or allow extra travel time.
- The northbound on and off ramps at the Thomas Road & 101 interchange will be fully closed through May 7.
- The on and off ramps at the McKellips Road & 101 interchange will be fully closed in both directions through Thursday, April 30.
Traffic entering or exiting the freeway should use McDowell or Indian School roads as alternates.
- The Camelback multi-use path will be closed at the Loop 101 5 a.m. – 5 p.m. through Friday, April 17, for freeway bridge work. A suggested alternative route will be marked. Please do not walk or ride in the closure area.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- The curb lane in both directions on McDowell Road will be closed from Miller Road to 77th Street April 27 - May 8 as bridge work occurs.
- The northbound curb lane on Hayden Road will be closed immediately north of Camelback Road 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through May 22 to permit curb and gutter work.
- Thomas Road will be reduced to one lane in both directions from Civic Center Plaza to Hayden Road through Saturday, April 25.
- Lane restrictions will take place in both directions on Miller Road at Thomas Road through Saturday, April 25 for repaving work.
- Southbound traffic on Granite Reef Road will be shifted to the center lane from immediately south of Oak Street to south of McDowell Road 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through May 22 as utility work occurs.
- Traffic on Thomas Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Scottsdale Road to 78th Street through May 15 as street resurfacing takes place.
- McKellips Road will be reduced by one lane in each direction at Hayden Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, April 24, to permit trench work. During those same dates and times, the southbound curb lane on Hayden Road will be closed at McKellips Road.
- Lane restrictions will occur on 70th Street immediately north of Sixth Street 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Friday, April 24, as utility work takes place.
- The curb lanes in both directions on Scottsdale Road will be closed from Osborn Road to Earll Drive 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. through May 1 as ramp and sidewalk repairs occur.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- The eastbound curb lane on Shea Boulevard will be closed from 68th Place to 70th Street 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. through Saturday, April 25, to permit utility work.
- Shea Boulevard will experience multiple lane restrictions in both directions from 136th Street to the east city limit 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 27 – 28 as street resurfacing occurs.
- The westbound curb lane on Indian School Road will be closed at Pima Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Monday, April 27, to permit utility work.
- Traffic on 70th Street will be controlled by flaggers immediately north of Sahuaro Drive 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through May 6 as utility work takes place.
- Multiple lane restrictions will take place in both directions on Scottsdale Road from Shea Boulevard to Mescal Street weeknights through Wednesday, April 29, as trench as utility work takes place.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Traffic in both directions on Ranch Gate Road will be controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through May 1 to permit shoulder work, curb and gutter installation.
- The westbound curb lane on Westland Drive will be closed at Scottsdale Road weekdays through Tuesday, April 28, as sidewalk installation and driveway removal occur.
- The eastbound curb lane on Thompson Peak Parkway will be closed at 90th Street 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through April 30 to permit trench work. During those same dates and times, a southbound left turn lane on 90th Street will be closed at Thompson Peak Parkway.