Traffic Restrictions Update
Jan. 29, 2015
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Jan. 30 - Feb. 8. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
DOWNTOWN CLOSURES -- SPECIAL EVENTS
These road sections will be closed to all vehicle traffic to accommodate special events:
Winfield Scott Plaza will be closed between Fourth and Fifth avenues through Sunday, Feb. 1.
Brown Avenue will be closed between Third and Fourth avenues on Friday, Jan. 30.
From Thursday, Jan. 29, through Monday, Feb. 2:
- Indian Plaza will be closed between Buckboard Trail and Saddlebag Trail
- Saddlebag Trail will be closed between Shoeman Lane and Camelback Road
- Shoeman Lane will be closed from Wells Fargo Avenue to Saddlebag Trail
WASTE MANAGEMENT PHOENIX OPEN
The 2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open golf tournament takes place through Sunday, Feb. 1 at the Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale, 17020 N. Hayden Road. Phoenix Open parking locations and travel directions are available at Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Local residents are encouraged to use the Loop 101 Freeway instead of surface streets near the Tournament Players Club. To accommodate the large crowds expected at the event, several local street closures and restrictions are required for the duration of the event.
The following streets are closed to all traffic:
- Bell Road from Perimeter Drive to Hayden Road.
- 82nd Street between Princess Drive and Bell Road.
The following streets are restricted to residents, resort guests and event attendees with the appropriate passes:
- Princess Circle southbound from Scottsdale Road
- Princess Drive west of Hayden Road
- Princess Drive between Hayden Road and Pacesetter Way
- Hayden Road between Union Hills Drive and Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard
- Union Hills Drive east of Hayden Road
- 82nd Street between Union Hills Drive and Princess Drive
- Perimeter Drive between Union Hills Drive and Pacesetter Way
All areas within the Perimeter Center business park are accessible from the Loop 101 Pima Freeway and Princess Drive or Bell Road.
LOOP 101 FREEWAY
Work continues to add lanes to the Loop 101 Pima Freeway between Shea Boulevard and the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway.
For specific closures and more information, visit ADOT.
UPPER CAMELBACK WASH PATH CLOSURE
Upper Camelback Wash shared-use path will be closed through Feb. 27 from Desert Cove Avenue to Cholla Street to permit grading and installation of a retaining wall. The rest of the path will remain open. A suggested alternative route uses 92nd Street and Cholla Street to connect back to the path.
Work crews will be present daily, but the area will remain marked and closed at all hours.
Please do not walk or ride in the marked-off areas of the work zone.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- Traffic on McDowell Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Miller Road to 77th Street through March 19 as bridge widening occurs.
- Traffic will be restricted on 86th Street between Thomas Road and Earll Drive. Traffic is also restricted on Granite Reef between Thomas and Osborn roads.
- Earll Drive will be closed between 83rd Place and Granite Reef Road through Feb. 9. The recommended detour is 83th Place to the south and Cheery Lynn to the north.
- The westbound curb lane on Lincoln Drive will be closed immediately east of Scottsdale Road from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Feb. 2 – 16 to permit trench work.
- First Avenue will be closed to westbound traffic immediately west of Scottsdale Road 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. weekdays Feb. 2 – 6 as road restoration occurs.
- The southbound curb lane on 60th Street will be closed immediately south of Carefree Highway through Saturday, Jan. 31, to permit sidewalk installation. At the same time, 60th Street will be reduced by one lane in each direction immediately south of Carefree Highway.
- The eastbound curb lane on McDonald Drive will be closed from Hayden to Granite Reef roads from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Feb. 6, as utility work takes place.
- Supai Way will be fully closed between Fifth and Sixth streets 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. weekdays Feb. 9 – 27 as a sewer line is installed. Traffic on Supai Way will be shifted to the south side of the road at Sixth Street. In addition:
- The center two-way left turn lane on 70th Street will be closed immediately north of Sixth Street.
- Southbound traffic on 70th Street will be shifted to the center two-way left turn lane.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- Westbound traffic on Sweetwater Avenue will be shifted south at 102nd Street weekdays through Friday, Jan. 30, as utility work occurs.
- The eastbound right turn bay on Cactus Road will be closed at Scottsdale Road from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 3, as a utility inspection occurs.
- The eastbound curb lane on Shea Boulevard will be closed at 130th Street from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Feb. 9 -13 to permit site upgrades.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- The curb lanes in both directions on Pima Road will be closed at Jomax Road from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Jan. 30, to permit utility line work.
- Utility work will occur on the eastbound shoulder of Rio Verde Drive at 136th Street from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays through Feb. 13.
- The eastbound curb lane on Pinnacle Peak Road will be closed at 86th Street from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Feb. 10 as trench work occurs.