Traffic Restrictions Update
July 23, 2015
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale July 24 - Aug. 2. For more information, contact Traffic Engineering.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
View an interactive Downtown parking, trolley and information map.
LOOP 101 RESTRICTIONS
Indian Bend Road interchange
All exit and entrance ramps at the Loop 101 Freeway and Indian Bend Road interchange will be closed through Sept. 13. DETOUR: Use Chaparral Road or Via de Ventura for Loop 101 access.
McDowell Road interchange
All exit and entrance ramps at the Loop 101 Freeway and McDowell Road interchange will be closed through August 1.
Indian School Road interchange
All exit and entrance ramps at the Loop 101 Freeway and Indian School Road interchange will be closed through August 22.
Recommended alternate freeway exits to access the downtown Scottsdale area:
- Chaparral Road freeway exit to either southbound Pima or Hayden roads.
- Thomas Road freeway exit to northbound Pima, Hayden, Miller or Scottsdale roads.
The city will monitor traffic and adjust signals along these routes to ensure optimum traffic flows.
The Arizona Department of Transportation selected summer for this work because traffic volumes are low.
Once complete, the Loop 101 widening project will add an additional travel lane in each direction between Shea Boulevard and McKellips Road. Two additional travel lanes will be added between the northbound Loop 101 / Loop 202 interchange and McDowell Road.
For more information, call ADOT at 1-855-712-8530
Loop 101 project overview
Loop 101 project and traffic restriction updates
Watch a YouTube video on the project.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- 75th Street will be fully closed immediately north of Stetson Drive on Monday, July 27, as a concrete pump truck works in the area.
- Southbound traffic on Hayden Road will experience lane restrictions at Thomas Road through Aug. 20 as utility work occurs.
- Southbound traffic on 68th Street will be shifted to the center two-way left turn lane immediately south of Oak Street 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays July 29 – Aug. 7 to permit utility work.
- The eastbound curb lane on Thomas Road will be closed immediately east of 64th Street 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through July 30 to permit the removal and replacement of sidewalks and ADA ramps.
- Monterey Way will be fully closed between 75th Street and Miller Road weekdays through Saturday, July 25, to permit utility work.
- Flaggers will direct traffic on 74th Street immediately south of Montebello Avenue 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through Monday, July 27, as utility work occurs.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- The southbound curb lane on Scottsdale Road will be closed from Gary Road to Mercer Lane 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Aug. 5 as trench work occurs.
- Westbound traffic on Desert Cove Drive will be shifted to the two-way left turn lane at 90th Street 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through July 30 to permit utility work.
- The northbound curb lane on 90th Street will be closed immediately north of Mountain View Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Aug. 4 to permit trench work.
- The curb lanes in both directions on Hayden Road will be closed at Cholla Street 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. July 27-28 to permit sidewalk repair.
- The eastbound curb lane on Shea Boulevard will be closed from 82nd Street to 85th Place 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. July 27-28 as sidewalk repairs occur.
- 124th Street will be fully closed to northbound through traffic immediately north of Summit Drive and fully closed to 124th Street southbound traffic at the Lost Dog Wash Trailhead through Aug. 1 to permit roundabout construction. Suggested detour route: Via Linda/118th Street north to 120th Street, north to Columbine Drive
- Eastbound traffic on Shea Boulevard will experience lane restrictions at 74th Street 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Monday, July 27, as trench work occurs.
- Multiple lane closures will occur in short segments on Scottsdale Road from Doubletree Ranch Road to Cholla Street 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Aug. 14 to permit utility work.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- The intersection of 84th Street and Black Mountain Road will be fully closed through Aug. 5 as road paving occurs. Use Westland Drive as a detour.
- Northbound traffic will be shifted to the center of the roadway at Hayden Road and Northsight Boulevard 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through July 31.
- The eastbound curb lane on Thompson Peak Parkway will be closed at Pima Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Saturday, July 25, as pavement restoration occurs. During the same dates and times, a southbound left turn lane on Pima Road will be closed at Thompson Peak Parkway.
- The eastbound curb lane on Thompson Peak Parkway will be closed immediately east of Legacy Boulevard 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, July 28, to permit manhole work.
- Westbound traffic on Terravita Way will be shifted to the left turn lane at Scottsdale Road through Aug. 14 as a new guard shack is built.