Traffic Restrictions Update
Aug. 6, 2015
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Aug. 7-16. For more information, contact Traffic Engineering.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
View an interactive Downtown parking, trolley and information map.
LOOP 101 RESTRICTIONS
Indian Bend Road interchange
All exit and entrance ramps at the Loop 101 Freeway and Indian Bend Road interchange will be closed through Sept. 13. DETOUR: Use Chaparral Road or Via de Ventura for Loop 101 access.
Indian School Road interchange
All exit and entrance ramps at the Loop 101 Freeway and Indian School Road interchange will be closed through August 22.
Recommended alternate freeway exits to access the downtown Scottsdale area:
- Chaparral Road freeway exit to either southbound Pima or Hayden roads.
- Thomas Road freeway exit to northbound Pima, Hayden, Miller or Scottsdale roads.
The city will monitor traffic and adjust signals along these routes to ensure optimum traffic flows.
The Arizona Department of Transportation selected summer for this work because traffic volumes are low.
Once complete, the Loop 101 widening project will add an additional travel lane in each direction between Shea Boulevard and McKellips Road. Two additional travel lanes will be added between the northbound Loop 101 / Loop 202 interchange and McDowell Road.
For more information, call ADOT at 1-855-712-8530
Loop 101 project overview
Loop 101 project and traffic restriction updates
Watch a YouTube video on the project.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- The westbound curb lane on Thomas Road will be closed at 64th Street 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Aug. 10 – 24 to permit utility and trench work.
- Various lane restrictions will occur in both directions on Scottsdale Road immediately north of Thomas Road 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through Friday, Aug. 7, as sewer work occurs.
- The eastbound curb lane on Indian Bend Road will be closed at Hayden Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Aug. 19 to permit utility work.
- The eastbound curb lane on Thomas Road will be closed immediately east of 64th Street weekdays through Friday, Aug. 7, as utility work takes place.
- Southbound traffic on Hayden Road will experience lane restrictions at Thomas Road through Aug. 20 as utility work occurs.
- Southbound traffic on 68th Street will be shifted to the center two-way left turn lane immediately south of Oak Street 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Aug. 7, to permit utility work.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- Northbound traffic on Scottsdale Road will be reduced to one lane immediately south of Doubletree Ranch Road 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays Aug. 10 – 11 as manhole work occurs.
- Multiple lane closures will occur in short segments on Scottsdale Road from Doubletree Ranch Road to Cholla Street 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Friday, Aug. 14, to permit utility work.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Eastbound traffic on 110th Street will be shifted to the west side of the roadway and controlled by flaggers immediately east of Cave Creek Road 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Aug. 14, as utility work occurs.
- Eastbound traffic on Acoma Drive will be shifted to the center of the roadway at Hayden Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Monday, Aug. 10, to permit trench work.
- The northbound curb lane on Princess Boulevard will be closed immediately east of Princess Drive 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekday through Friday, Aug. 14, as boring occurs.
- Westbound traffic on Terravita Way will be shifted to the left turn lane at Scottsdale Road through Friday, Aug. 14, as a new guard shack is built.