Traffic Restrictions Update
Dec. 11, 2014
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Dec. 12 - 21. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
LOOP 101 FREEWAY
Work continues to add lanes to the Loop 101 Pima Freeway between Shea Boulevard and the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway. For current restrictions, visit ADOT.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- Thomas Road will continue to have east and westbound curb lane closures from Miller Road to the bridge just west of Hayden Road. North and southbound Miller Road will also continue to be restricted at Thomas Road as part of the Thomas Road Streetscape Project.
- Traffic on McDowell Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Miller Road to 77th Street through March 19 as bridge widening occurs.
- Lane restrictions will take place in both directions on 64th Street at Wilshire Avenue 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Dec. 12, as roadway improvements occur. During those same dates and times, the 64th Street frontage Road will be closed and eastbound traffic will be restricted on Wilshire Avenue.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- The curb lanes on Pima Road will be closed in both directions in short segments from 100th Street to Sweetwater Avenue 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. through Dec. 27 to permit trench work.
- The westbound curb lane on Shea Boulevard will be closed at Hayden Road 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Dec. 19 as utility work occurs.
- Traffic in both directions on 91st Street will be controlled by a police officer at Via Linda 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays Dec. 15 - 29 as trench work takes place in the curb lanes.
- The eastbound curb lane and right turn bay on Cactus Road will be closed at Hayden Road 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Dec. 16 - 19 to permit road work.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Traffic in both directions on Mountain View Road will be controlled by flaggers at 121st Place 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Monday, Dec. 15, as trench work takes place in the curb lanes.
- Eastbound traffic on Dove Valley Road will be shifted to the two-way center lane and work will occur on the eastbound shoulder weekdays through Feb. 24 as the roadway is improved.
- 90th Street will experience single lane restrictions in both directions immediately north of Blanche Drive 9 p.m. – 5 a.m. weekdays through Friday, Dec. 12, as existing utilities are located.
- The northbound curb lane on Scottsdale Road will be closed at Pinnacle Peak Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays Dec. 16 - 23 as roadway improvements occur.
- The curb lanes on Scottsdale Road will be closed in both directions at Bell Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Dec. 18 to permit trench work.
- The eastbound right turn bay on Thompson Peak Parkway will be closed immediately east of Hayden Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Dec. 23 as trench work takes place.