Traffic Restrictions Update
Sept. 11, 2014
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Sept. 12 - 21. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
LOOP 101 FREEWAY
Work continues to add lanes to the Loop 101 Pima Freeway between Shea Boulevard and the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway. This week’s restrictions:
- Northbound Loop 101 will be closed from the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway to Chaparral Road from 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12, through 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 15. Suggested detour: Northbound travel approaching the 202 can go west to Rural/Scottsdale roads, north to Curry Road, then east to Hayden. From there, traffic can follow detour signs to Chaparral, then east to the freeway.
- McKellips Road at the Loop 101 interchange will be closed from 10 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 16, through 5 a.m. Friday, Sept. 19. The ramps will remain open for east-and westbound traffic, and vehicles coming from those directions will be allowed to enter the freeway. Freeway travelers will be able to exit at McKellips, but they will not be able to cross under the freeway.
Get more details at ADOT.
- 5th Avenue will be fully closed from Scottsdale Road to Craftsman Court through Sunday, Sept. 14, to permit sewer line installation as part of Downtown construction.
- Northbound Scottsdale Road will be fully closed at Silverstone from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 15, to permit pipeline installation. Use Williams, east to Miller Road, north the Pinnacle Peak, then west to Scottsdale Road as a detour.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- Multiple lane restrictions will take place on Thomas Road in each direction from 78th Street to Miller Road 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Nov. 8, as road construction occurs as part of the Thomas Road Streetscape Project.
- The southbound curb lane on Drinkwater Boulevard will be closed from Osborn to Indian School roads through Friday, Sept. 12, as road work occurs.
- Traffic in both directions on Second Street will be shifted to the south side of the road from Drinkwater Boulevard to Wells Fargo through Friday, Sept. 12, as road work occurs.
- The westbound curb lane on Indian School Road will be closed at 64th Street 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 15, as tree trimming occurs.
- The southbound curb lane on Goldwater Boulevard will be closed immediately south of Chaparral Road 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Sept. 19.
- The westbound curb lane on McDonald Drive will be closed at 86th Street 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. through Friday, Sept. 12, to permit curb and sidewalk repairs.
- A northbound lane on Goldwater Boulevard will be closed at First Street 6 a.m. – 4 p.m. through Sunday, Sept. 14, as utility work takes place.
- Traffic in both directions on Roosevelt Street will be shifted to the side of the road from Hayden to Granite Reef roads 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. through Tuesday, Sept. 16, to permit street resurfacing.
- Traffic on 64th Street will be reduced by one lane in each direction 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Sept. 12, as street resurfacing takes place.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- The northbound curb lane on Hayden Road will be closed from Gold Dust Avenue to Morgan Trail 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Sept. 23, as utility work takes place.
- Temporary lane closures will take place in both directions on Scottsdale Road immediately south of Gainey Suites Drive 8:30 p.m. – 4:30 a.m. weeknights Sept. 15 - 19, to permit utility and cable work.
- The westbound curb lane on Via de Ventura will be closed immediately east of Hayden Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays Sept. 17 - 26, as trench work takes place.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Southbound traffic on Scottsdale Road will be reduced to one lane at Williams from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 15, as pipeline installation occurs.
- The northbound left turn lane on Butherus Drive will be closed at 73rd Street through Sunday, Sept. 14, as road work occurs.
- Traffic on Raintree Drive will be reduced by one lane in both directions immediately east of Thompson Peak Parkway 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Wednesday, Sept. 17, as trench work occurs.
- Eastbound traffic on Hartford Drive will be shifted to the two-way center lane immediately east of Perimeter Drive through Friday, Sept. 19, as sidewalk and driveway replacement occurs.
- Traffic on 60th Street will be reduced by one lane in both directions at Carefree Highway 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays Sept. 16 – Oct. 15, as trench work occurs.