Out-of-State Waiver Process
The Scottsdale Police Department hires qualified candidates who are currently out-of-state certified police officers. Potential waiver candidates must be successful in all phases of the police officer hiring process and meet the following criteria to be considered for a possible waiver position.
• The candidate must be a current certified police officer in good standing with a minimum of two years of related police experience.
• Candidates must have the equivalent to or in excess of a comparable Scottsdale police officer position in the areas of basic / in-service training and education.
• The candidate must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Selection for the waiver process also requires the approval of Arizona P.O.S.T. and the passing of the waiver examination, range, Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC) and Police Officer Physical Abilities Test (POPAT) requirements.
• Candidates not accepted for the waiver process or those who do not successfully complete the waiver process, are required to attend and pass the basic police academy.
If you have any questions, please contact Senior Public Safety Analyst Sue Sola at 480-312-1931 or spspstaff@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
The Scottsdale Public Safety Personnel Unit reserves the right to change this process.