Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8)
The Scottsdale Housing Agency is not currently accepting applications for the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Please call the Section 8 Information Line (480) 312-2528 for additional information on the wait list process.
About the Program
- Funded through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Helps provide affordable and safe housing for lower-income families, senior citizens and disabled persons.
- The Scottsdale Housing Agency subsidizes the rent of eligible families by paying a rental subsidy directly to the landlord each month under a Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Contract.
- Offers rental assistance in which the subsidy amount is based upon the household’s annual gross income.
- Families must be income eligible based upon HUD’s income guidelines, based on family size.
- Housing Specialists provide case management in certifying and re-certifying tenants; approve units and leases, assuring housing assistance payments to owners or landlords; and monitor program performance and compliance with Federal and local laws.
For general questions, please call (480) 312-7717.