Competition will begin promptly at 10:30 a.m.
• Ages 14 and under must be checked in by 10:30 a.m.
• Ages 15-17 must be checked in by Noon
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE: Priority is based upon first come/first served procedure. Participants may be required to show documentation for proof of age. A parent or guardian will be required to sign the registration/hold harmless form for participants under the age of 18. Participants 18 years and older will be able to sign their own form. There will be no mail-in or phone-in registration. For more information, please call (480) 312-0217.
Registration the day of the event is based on availability(the past few years this has filled up days before the event). Registration the day of the event will begin at 9:30 a.m. and close at Noon. Day of registration is cash only.
REGISTRATION FEE: $10.00 per participant. The registration fee will cover the cost of the competition.
COMPETITION: Due to the wide range of skill level, the competition will be broken into the following categories: 10 & younger, 11-14 years old, 15-17 and Amateur.
COMPETITION LIMITS: Due to the interest of the competition and the length of the event, each group will be limited to the first 10 participants who register in the age categories 10 & younger, 11-14 years old ,15-17 years old and Amateur. Each participant will be given (2) one-minute runs in order to qualify to the finals. The top five participants in each group will be given an additional one-minute run. Scores awarded in the final round will determine the placement of the top 5 participants. The top five participants in each group will receive awards.
REFUNDS: No refunds will be issued.
YOU MUST FILL OUT A WAIVER IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.
Please call our Recreation office (480-312-7957) to set up an account.
Once you have an account, please go to RecLink to register using one of the following barcodes:
10 years & Under: 111564
11-14 years: 111565
15-17 years: 111566
Wedge Skate Park
7650 E. McDowell Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(Located in Eldorado Park)
Map of Park (pdf/616kb/1p)
Hours of Operation:
Sunrise to 10:30 p.m.
AboutThe Wedge Skate Park is located in the Eldorado Park & Community Center. It is a 20,000 square feet facility that has a Fun Box, Amoeba Bowl, Launch Box, Quarter-Pipe, Pyramid, curbs, and rails.
McDowell Mountain Ranch Skate ParkAddress:
15525 N. Thompson Peak Parkway
(Thompson Peak Parkway & McDowell Mountain Ranch Road)
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Map of Park (pdf/532kb/1p)
Email: rburris@ScottsdaleAZ.govHours of Operation:
Park: Sunrise - 10:30 p.m.
The Skate Park is 16,000 square feet and is open to all skateboarders and in-line skaters. There are street-like components such as tables, benches, planters and ledges all of which are designed to be used by skateboarders and in-line skaters. Additionally, the skate park has a 10-foot bowl at its deepest area.
Skate park access system
To more effectively monitor skate park activities, McDowell Mountain Ranch Skate park users are required to enter the facility with an access card. As a cost-recovery measure for the system, users will be charged $26 for a lifetime access. There will be a $8 fee for replacement cards. Drop-in rates are available for $1 a day and are only available during normal operating hours. The monitoring system tracks users as they enter the facility.
To purchase a pass, you must sign a waiver and the behavior policy. If you are under the age of 18 a parent or guardian must sign the forms as well. The waiver and behavior policy can be downloaded here (pdf/531kb/2p). Please bring the completed forms with you when purchasing the pass. You may sign the forms on site, however a parent or guardian must be there to sign before using the skate park.
If you have any questions regarding the access system, please send an email to ParksandRec@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Guidelines for Skate Parks
- This skate park is open to all skateboarders and in-line skaters. BMX bike riders are not allowed and may be fined; this is to preserve the safety of all patrons and the structural integrity of the facility. For more information, please see Frequently Asked Questions.
- “Skate at your own risk” facilities. Skating is a dangerous activity and The City assumes no liability for injuries sustained in the use of this facility.
- Safety equipment is recommended but not required. Safety equipment includes helmets, elbow pads, kneepads, etc.
- Protect your Skate Park from graffiti, litter and vandalism. It’s your park, take care of it and it will take care of you.
- No skating when surface is wet, raining, electrical storms or during routine skate park maintenance periods.
- No competitive or demonstration events are allowed without prior approval of the Parks & Recreation department.
- Additional ramps, jumps or obstacles are not allowed in the skate parks. No modifications to the skating surfaces or features are allowed. Please restrict skating to features specifically designed for that purpose.