Planning, Research & Accreditation Division
In February 2003, as a result of the reorganization within the Administrative Services Bureau, the Planning and Research Unit was combined with the Accreditation Unit to form the new "Planning, Research & Accreditation Division", under the direction of Manager Will Davis.
This division is a necessary resource for the Chief's Office, and is responsible for completing special projects, performing policy development, monitoring trends and issues related to policing, coordinating accreditation compliance and managing the Department strategic planning efforts.
2011 Strategic Plan Process
The Planning, Research and Accreditation Division encompasses four distinct responsibilities:
1. Strategic PlanningResponsible for developing, implementing and tracking of the Police Department's strategic plan;
December 2006 Issue of Police Chief Magazine: Strategic Planning as a Management Philosophy
2. Research and administrative staff supportResponsible for responding to requests for management information and reports, and assisting in workflow analysis and performance measurements;
3. Policy Development/maintenance
Accreditation and Policy Development
Responsible for maintaining compliance with the accreditation standards set forth by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) through inspections, audits, assessments and on-site reviews to ensure the adherence to departmental policy and General Orders as they relate to accreditation.
Why Be Accredited?
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Project Management
- RFP Development & Contract Management
- Grant Research & Management
- Needs Assessments & Program Evaluation
- Statistical Reporting for the Department & Citizens
- Best practices research and benchmarking with other agencies
- Maintain Department Library of resource documents
- Coordinate Department Council Action Reports
- Administrative Reports, Surveys & Special Projects
Planning, Research and Accreditation Director