The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Dec. 9 - 18. For more information, contact Traffic Engineering at 480-312-7250.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
Multiple road closures for Sunday’s Rock ‘N’ Roll Arizona Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K
The following lane restrictions will occur between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 15, for Rock ‘N’ Roll Arizona Marathon events:
- Southbound Hayden Road will be closed from McDowell Road to McKellips Street.
- Eastbound McDowell Road will be closed from Scottsdale Road to Hayden Road.
- Northbound Scottsdale Road will be restricted to one lane from McDowell Road to Thomas Road.
- Westbound Thomas Road will be closed from Scottsdale Road to 70th Street.
- Westbound Thomas Road will be retricted to one lane from 70th Street to 64th Street.
- Southbound 64th Street will be closed from Thomas Road to McDowell Road.
- Indian School Road will be fully closed from the western city limits to Goldwater Boulevard. (This is part of a closure that extends to 48th Street in Phoenix.)
- Goldwater Boulevard will be closed to through traffic from Indian School Road to Scottsdale Road. Limited access will be available for local traffic.
- Segments of First Avenue, Marshall Way, Main Street and Second Street will also be closed.
For a map of the race routes and specific street closure times, please see the race website.
Gas line replacement on Indian School Road
Construction is underway to replace a gas line that runs from 48th Street and Osborn Road in Phoenix to Scottsdale Road and Indian School Road in Scottsdale. For more information, please see the Southwest Gas project flyer or call the hotline at 602-750-7139.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- The southbound curb lane on Hayden Road will be closed at Clarendon Avenue 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Jan. 12 – 26 for utility work.
- 73rd Street will be one-way only (northbound) immediately north of Camelback Road 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays Jan. 10 – 20 for utility work. During those same dates and times the sidewalk on the north side of Camelback immediately west of 73rd Street will also be closed.
- Eastbound McDonald Drive will be reduced to one lane immediately east of Scottsdale Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Jan. 10 – 17 for boring.
- The southbound curb lane on Hayden Road will be closed at Palm Lane 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Jan. 10 – 19 for utility work.
- The eastbound curb and bike lanes on McDowell Road will be closed immediately east of Granite Reef Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Jan. 9 – 20 for utility work.
- Sixth Avenue traffic will be restricted to one direction at a time from Civic Center Plaza to 75th Street 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Jan. 10 – 17.
- Lane restrictions in both directions will occur on Jackrabbit Road immediately west of Scottsdale Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday Jan. 3 – 14 for utility work. Traffic will be controlled by flaggers.
- Southbound traffic on Miller Road will be shifted to the two-way center lane immediately south of Osborn Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Jan. 11 - 20 for sidewalk work.
- The northbound curb lane on Drinkwater Boulevard will be closed immediately north of Osborn Road 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 12 – Jan. 20 while new pavers and concrete are installed by the stadium.
- Westbound Main Street will be closed 24 hours from McKnight Avenue to 75th Street through Sept. 7, 2017, for condo construction. Detour on McKnight Avenue. From Jan 9 – 20, 75th Street will be reduced to one lane immediately north of Main Street, and traffic will be controlled by flaggers. Main Street will be opened for spring training games.
- Multiple lane restrictions will occur on Indian School Road from 60th Street to Scottsdale Road August – December while a gas line is replaced. Southwest gas has provided a one-page flyer with more information about the project, or you can call the project hotline at 602-750-7139.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- The northbound curb lane on Scottsdale Road will be closed at Jenan Drive 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 16 – 19 to permit work on ADA ramps. During those same dates and times, traffic on Jenan Drive will be shifted towards the center of the street.
- At the intersection of 130th Street and Turquoise Avenue a flagger will direct traffic in all directions 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 12 – 14 while utility work occurs.
- The eastbound curb lane on Cactus Road will be closed from 76th Place to Sundown Drive 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 16 – 17 for ADA ramp work.
- The eastbound curb lane on Shea Boulevard will be closed at 92nd Street 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. weeknights Jan. 6 – 13 for utility work.
- The southbound curb lane on 94th Street/92nd Street will be closed from Sweetwater Avenue to Shea Boulevard 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 9 - 20 for boring.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Traffic in both directions will be shifted to the north side of Union Hills Drive immediately west of Pima Road through Jan. 30 for road work.
- Curb lanes in both directions on Raintree Drive will be closed from immediately east of 92nd Street to immediately west of Thompson Peak Parkway 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 16 – 20 for ADA ramp updates. All driveways will still be accessible.
- The southbound curb lane and westbound outside turn lane on Scottsdale Road will be closed at Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Jan. 9 – 13 for utility work.
- The southbound curb lane on Thompson Peak Parkway will be closed at Bell Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Jan. 6 – 13 for utility work.
- Lane restrictions in both directions will occur at the intersection of 81st Street and Evans Road 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday Jan. 3 – 20 for road work. Flaggers will help control traffic.
- Multiple lane restrictions will occur on northbound Hayden Road from 83rd Place to 84th Street and on 83rd Place from Butherus Drive to Hayden Road 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 9 – 13 for utility work.