The public is invited to a trio of open houses to review and provide input on Scottsdale General Plan 2035.
The open houses will be:
- Tuesday, Sept. 6, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., ASU SkySong, 1475 N. Scottsdale Road. (Google map - directions)
- Located in Building 3, Suite 130. Use parking lot south of building 3, enter parking lot from Innovation Place. (detail map)
- Wednesday, Sept. 7, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Holland Community Center, Foothills Community Foundation, 34250 N. 60th St. (Google map - directions)
- Thursday, Sept. 8, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Copper Ridge School, 10101 E. Thompson Peak Parkway. (Google map - directions)
- Located in the School Cafeteria on the West side of the campus. (detail map)
There will be directional signs at the locations to guide you to meeting room.
The same information will be presented at all the open houses.
The Planning Commission will review the plan, including community comments and recommended changes, at meetings Sept. 14 and 28. The commission will hold public hearings in October. The City Council will review the plan at an October study session, and a hearing to consider plan adoption takes place in December. If the council adopts the plan, it would be sent to the voters for ratification in 2017 or 2018, per council direction.
State law requires the city to update its General Plan every 10 years. The General Plan is the primary tool for guiding future development and the character of the city over the next 20 years.