The Scottsdale City Court has full-time security personnel who are stationed at the main entrance to the court.
Everyone who visits the court must pass through a metal detector and must place all personal belongings on an X-ray machine to be viewed. In addition, your personal belongings may be subject to a search.
The following is a list of items that are not allowed in to the courthouse under ANY circumstances:
- Food and drink, including water. Drinking fountains are located in the courthouse lobby for your convenience.
- Weapons. This includes, but is not limited to:
- guns (with or without a concealed weapons permit)
- knives (including Swiss Army and Leatherman tools)
- The Court's definition of weapons also includes items that could be used as weapons. These include, but are not limited to:
- various tools
- kitchen utensils
- nail files.
Please note: This list is not exhaustive and security has full discretion when deciding what may or may not be brought in to the courthouse.