Events and Trainings
Free Online Trainings:
(The contents of these trainings do not necessarily represent the interpretations, opinions, or policy of the City of Scottsdale.)
Basic ADA Information
- ADA Basic Building Blocks, ADA & IT Technical Assistance Centers - CEU or CRCC credit is available. This is a self-guided introductory webcourse tutorial on the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) that explores the legal requirements and spirit of the ADA.
State and Local Government
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, ADA & IT Technical Assistance Centers - CEU or CRCC credit is available. This a self-guided tutorial about the requirements applicable to State and Local government.
- ADA Accessibility Guidelines, American Institute of Architects and the US Access Board. Self-paced tutorial. The course addresses only recent changes in ADAAG; specifically, it covers two new sections that will be added and new provisions for children that will be incorporated into existing standards.
- Accessibility and the ADAAG, Southwest ADA Center. A 4-part audio webcast series covering different aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG), significant to architects today.
- Universal Design Eppley Institute, Self-paced tutorial course provides an introduction to the concept of Universal Design and its seven principles.
Customer Service/Disability Etiquette
"An Introduction to Disability Etiquette", National Business & Disability Council, audio-visual slide presentation with print resources on general tips for interaction
"At Your Service: Welcoming Customers with Disabilities", ADA & IT Technical Assistance Centers - CEU or CRCC credit is available. This is a self-paced webcourse for people interested in discovering best practices for working with customers who have disabilities.
Training and Technical Assistance for Providers (T-TAP). Focusing primarily on topics related to employment of people with disabilities.
Accessing E-Learning, Georgia Tech Research on Accessible Distance Education (GRADE). Ten online tutorials on making materials more usable for individuals with disabilities. Offered as a tool for distance learning, it also has wide application for many fields. Free
Introduction to Accessible Technology, The National Center on Accessible Information Technology in Education (AccessIT). This course provides an introduction to accessible information technology, including, but not limited to, education. Free
Equal Access to Software and Information (EASI) Promotes accessible information technology through podcasts, webinars and online courses.
Partners in Education, The Minnesota Governor's Council on Developmental Disabilities. A self-study course designed to help parents of children with developmental disabilities navigate the special education system and help their children make the most of their potential.
- Archived Webcast Trainings, DBTAC Southwest ADA Center. Realtime streaming/transcript. Dozens of past training topics.
- Archived ADA Audio Conference DBTAC Regional ADA Center. Realtime audio streaming/transcript. Dozens of past training topics.
Fee-Based Online Training
- American Institute of Architects eClassroom Courses. Searching on the keyword "ADA" will produce over 20 classes related to access in the build environment.
- Equal Access to Software and Information (EASI) Promotes accessible information technology through podcasts, webinars and online courses. Also offers a Certificate in Accessible Information Technology.