Mayor's Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities
Call for Nominations:
2014 Mayor’s Committee on Employment of People
with Disabilities Awards
Nominations are open for the 2014 Mayor’s Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities Awards.
Do you know a Scottsdale business that makes exceptional efforts to employ disabled persons? Or an individual with a disability who exemplifies courage and perseverance in the face of adversity?
Nominate those organizations and people for a 2014 Mayor’s Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities Award. Nominations close Sept. 12.
Use this application to nominate businesses and individuals in any of these categories (PDF/626kb):
- Employer of the Year: Nominate any individual, business, corporation or agency in Scottsdale that has made exceptional efforts to employ disabled persons.
- Employee of the Year: Nominate any disabled person working in Scottsdale (10 or more hours per week) who displays exceptional courage and special ingenuity.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Nominate any self-employed person with a disability whose workplace is within the city and who works 30 hours or more per week.
- Exemplar Award: Nominate any individual who has demonstrated record of exceptional service to the disabled community in Scottsdale.
- Student of the Year: Nominate any full-time student attending a college or university in Scottsdale (or in the Scottsdale Unified School District) who displays exceptional character, special ingenuity or initiative in overcoming his or her disability.
- Teacher/Counselor of the Year: Nominate any individual who has made exceptional efforts to assist disabled persons through counseling, rehabilitation, job training or other programs.
- Instructional Aide or Paraeducator of the Year: Nominate any non-certified individual who has made exceptional efforts to assist disabled persons in Scottsdale.
- Student Scholarship: Nominate college (or college-bound) students who demonstrate outstanding initiative in overcoming a disability.
The awards will be presented October 23, 2014 at Chaparral Suites Scottsdale. If you would like more information about attending or sponsoring this event, please contact Sharon Cini at 480-312-2727.