> Home > Business Resources > Before You Start > Other Approvals

Other Approvals

Not all of the approvals necessary to open a business can be obtained from the City of Scottsdale. Some examples are noted below.

Liquor licenses, for instance, although reviewed by the City, are issued under the authority of the State of Arizona by the Department of Liquor Licenses and Control.

Call (602) 542-5141 or visit their website at www.azll.com/ not part of City of Scottsdale web site

Restaurants must also meet the requirements of the Maricopa County Environmental Health Department. Call (602) 506-6980 or visit http://www.maricopa.gov/envsvc/envhlth.asp not part of City of Scottsdale web site

State tax requirements should be addressed to the Arizona Department of Revenue. Call (602) 255-3381 or visit www.revenue.state.az.us/.not part of City of Scottsdale web site

Questions? The Economic Development Office will gladly try to help identify other agencies you may need to contact. Call 480-312-7057 or email RTunis@scottsdaleaz.gov.