Paws in the Park
The City of Scottsdale, Petco, and the Scottsdale Fire Assocation present
PAWS IN THE PARK 2014
Saturday, March 1, 2014
8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
An expo for your best friend & you
The City of Scottsdale and Petco along with Scottsdale Fire department and Scottsdale Fire Fighters Association proudly present the 3rd Annual Paws in the Park. Join us for a fun family event that both you and your dog will enjoy. "Paws in the Park" brings the dog-loving community to one location for a morning of doggone fun!
The purpose of this year’s event is to raise money for pets in need and directly support the Chaparral Off Leash Area. You can help in several different ways:
- Provide a monetary donation – cash/checks donations will go to the Scottsdale Firefighters Charities to purchase pet supplies and food for local animal shelters in the valley. Donations will be accepted on event day.
- Register for the Sniff and Stroll – this two mile fun walk for dogs and owners will wind through the beautiful xeroscape gardens and Chaparral Park. Cost is $10.00 per dog and these proceeds will directly support the Chaparral Off Leash Area.
- Drop off a pet supply donation to a Scottsdale Fire Station, your local Petco store and/or at the event. Pet supply donations will be given to local animal shelters
The Chaparral Off Leash Area is located at 5401 N. Hayden Rd. (SE corner of Hayden and McDonald). Paws in the Park will promote local businesses/organizations in Scottsdale and surrounding areas that cater to you and your canine companions.
- Paws in the Park takes place from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, March 1, 2014.
- The SNIFF AND STROLL is a two mile walk around the Xeroscape Gardens and Chaparral Park. Pre-registration is highly encouraged. Pre-register with the human’s name with bar code #105760. Cost is $10.00 per dog.
- Pet Supply Drop Off, sponsored by Scottsdale Fire and Fire Association, to support local shelters, can be dropped off at any City of Scottsdale Fire Station.
Paws in the Park Rules
- Keep dog on leash at all times.
- Each dog must have it's own human "walker."
- Please use provided Mutt Mits to clean up after your dog.
- Aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
Paws in the Park is the perfect event to showcase yours business! Booth space at Paws in the Park is FREE. Vendor/Exhibitor Space is limited. Both vendors and exhibitors need to fill out an application. Application deadline is on February 7th, 2014. Here are the details:
- Vendors – if you want to market and sell product at Paws in the Park, visit the Tax and License website for additional detailed information on becoming a special event vendor within the City of Scottsdale and fill out the vendor application. 10% of vendor sales at Paws in the Park will be given back to the City to support the Off Leash Area at Chaparral. Besides the 10% given back to the City from sales there is no booth fee to come out the event.
- Exhibitors – if you just want to market your business, fill out and submit the vendor application form.
Chaparral Park Off Leash Area
5401 N Hayden Road (SE Corner of Hayden and McDonald)