Monetary Funds Process
The IDA has contributed funds annually to projects that fit within the Request Criteria below. The IDA reserves the right to approve or disapprove any request for monetary funds at its sole discretion. The Board intends to continue with such contributions based on a formal application process. Monetary requests are reviewed at regular meetings.
- Communications begin with the IDA to determine qualification.
- The applicant submits a request to the IDA no less than thirty (30) days prior to presentation of the request at a meeting of the IDA and within the time stated above. See the Request for Monetary Funds Application below.
- A presentation of the request is made to the IDA.
- Evaluation by the IDA as to the merits of the request. The evaluation may or may not occur at the date of the presentation. Additional information or presentations may be requested before a final decision is made.
- The Board shall approve or disapprove of the request in its sole discretion.
- Funds are delivered to the applicant within thirty (30) days of approval.
- Projects that support community goals and the overall “Master Plan” of Scottsdale with the purpose of economic benefit or that support the growth or expansion of small and growing enterprises.
- Non profit projects that have a measurable and direct economic impact on Scottsdale and support an existing business or new business activity which will attract additional economic activity or visitors to Scottsdale.
- Projects which support the well-being of our citizens through education and health care.
- Projects in which funding will be used to support the long-term economy through research or data gathering designed to identify potential markets for business, culture, training or educational purposes.
For more information on the Monetary Funds Process, please contact:
Economic Development Department
4021 North 75th Street, Suite 102
Scottsdale, AZ 85251