- Full Time employees are eligible for 50% of the "per credit hour" limit up to the fiscal year reimbursement amount.
- Job Share and benefited part-time employees are eligible for 25% of the "per credit hour" limit up to the fiscal year reimbursement amount. Temporary, seasonal employees, and contract workers are not eligible for tuition assistance.
- This program covers tuition expenses only. Any and all other expenses (i.e. books, administrative fees, financial service fees, student services fees, technology fees, parking surcharges, etc.) are not eligible for reimbursement.
- The employee must be enrolled in a degree program such as an Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctorate degrees.
- Degree programs and/or courses must be taken through an accredited institution.
- Employees taking courses are eligible for 50% reimbursement for obtaining an "A" or "B" grade, up to the allotted per credit hour limit and in keeping with the employee's benefited status. Classes with a grade less than a "B" will not be reimbursed.
- An employee must be enrolled in job related degree programs relevant to current employment with the city.
- An employee terminating employment with the City while taking classes is not eligible for tuition reimbursement upon completing the class(es).
- An employee who voluntarily leaves the City must repay the City all tuition reimbursement monies received within the twelve months prior to the separation date.
- Tuition reimbursement requests will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Maximum annual cap on tuition reimbursement for FY 2013/2014 is $2,000 per eligible full time employee.
- The City will not reimburse employees for tuition expenses if the tuition reimbursement budget is fully expended prior to the end of the fiscal year, even if an employee has received pre-approval.
- The City may cease funding of the Tuition Reimbursement Program at any time for any reason.
FY 13/14 Annual Reimbursement Limits:
- Full Time Employee Limit: $2,000.00
- Job Share & Part-Time Benefited Limit: $500.00
- Pre-approval is required to participate in the Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Requests for reimbursement must be submitted to the program administrator within 30 days of the employee completing the course(es).
- Degree programs and/or classes must be included in the employee's Continuous Learning Plan as part of their annual individual Performance Plan, and submitted with the application for course pre approval.
- Please contact Seth Dusek at (480) 312-7632 if you have any questions about the Tuition Reimbursement Program.
This guide represents a summary of benefits provided by the City of Scottsdale to benefited employees. Every effort has been made to report information accurately. All information, including the amount of any benefit and employee eligibility of benefits, is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the applicable policy or plan documents. In all cases where any of the information provided in this guide differs from the amount of benefit actually provided by the policy or plan, the terms of the legal documents will control.