This program is temporarily suspended.
- Full Time employees are eligible for 100% of the approved FY tuition assistance amount (see "Reimbursement Limits" below).
- Job Share employee eligibility is based on the employee's benefit level (50 or 75%).
- Benefited Part Time employees with at least 12 months of continuous employment with the city, as a benefited employee, are eligible for up to 50% of the approved FY tuition assistance amount. (Temporary, seasonal employees, and contract workers are not eligible for tuition assistance.)
- Courses must be taken for academic credit. Non-credit classes and certification programs are not eligible for tuition assistance.
- Reimbursement is provided based on the actual grade earned.
- An employee must be enrolled in job related degree programs or coursework relevant to current or future employment with the city.
- Associates, Bachelors, and Masters degrees and coursework are eligible for tuition assistance.
- Maximum annual cap on tuition assistance for FY 2009/10 is $4,000 per eligible employee.
- Tuition reimbursement will be based on a per credit hour basis - maximum reimbursement per credit hour in FY 2009/10 is $400.
- The city will not reimburse employees for tuition expenses if the Tuition Assistance budget is fully expended prior to the end of the fiscal year, even if an employee has received pre-approval.
- The city may cease funding of the Tuition Assistance Program at any time for any reason.
FY 09/10 Annual Reimbursement Limits:
Full Time Employee Limit: $4,000.00
Job Share - 75% Benefited Limit: $3,000.00
Job Share - 50% Benefited Limit: $2,000.00
Part Time Benefited Limit: $2,000.00
FY 09/10 Maximum Credit Hour Reimbursement Limits:
Full Time Employee: "A" or "B" = $400.00 "C"= $320.00
Job Share - 75% Benefited Employee: "A" or "B" =$300.00 "C"= $240.00
Job Share - 50% Benefited Employee: "A" or "B" = $200.00 "C"= $160.00
Part Time Benefited Employee: "A" or "B" = $200.00 "C"= $160.00
- Pre-approval is required to participate in the Tuition Assistance Program.
- Requests for reimbursement must be received in Learning & Organizational Development within 30 days of the employee receiving the grades.
- Degree programs and/or classes must be included in the employee's Continuous Learning Plan as part of their annual individual Performance Plan, and submitted with the application for course pre approval.
- If an employee terminates employment with the city, the employee is responsible to repay the city all tuition assistance monies received within the 12 months prior to the separation date.
- Please contact Susanne Quinet, (480) 312-2829 if you have any questions about the Tuition Assistance Program.
This guide represents a summary of benefits provided by the City of Scottsdale to benefited employees. Every effort has been made to report information accurately. All information, including the amount of any benefit and employee eligibility of benefits, is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the applicable policy or plan documents. In all cases where any of the information provided in this guide differs from the amount of benefit actually provided by the policy or plan, the terms of the legal documents will control.