Mayor's Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities
Call for Nominations:
2013 Mayor’s Committee on Employment of People
with Disabilities Awards
Nominations are open for the 2013 Mayor’s Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities Awards.
Do you know a Scottsdale business that makes exceptional efforts to employ disabled persons? Or an individual with a disability who exemplifies courage and perseverance in the face of adversity?
Nominate those organizations and people for a 2013 Mayor’s Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities Award. Nominations close Sept. 20.
Use this application to nominate businesses and individuals in any of these categories (PDF/626kb):
- Employer of the Year: Nominate any individual, business, corporation or agency in Scottsdale that has made exceptional efforts to employ disabled persons.
- Employee of the Year: Nominate any disabled person working in Scottsdale (10 or more hours per week) who displays exceptional courage and special ingenuity.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Nominate any self-employed person with a disability whose workplace is within the city and who works 30 hours or more per week.
- Exemplar Award: Nominate any individual who has demonstrated record of exceptional service to the disabled community in Scottsdale.
- Student of the Year: Nominate any full-time student attending a college or university in Scottsdale (or in the Scottsdale Unified School District) who displays exceptional character, special ingenuity or initiative in overcoming his or her disability.
- Teacher/Counselor of the Year: Nominate any individual who has made exceptional efforts to assist disabled persons through counseling, rehabilitation, job training or other programs.
- Instructional Aide or Paraeducator of the Year: Nominate any non-certified individual who has made exceptional efforts to assist disabled persons in Scottsdale.
- Student Scholarship: Nominate college (or college-bound) students who demonstrate outstanding initiative in overcoming a disability.
The awards will be presented Oct. 23, 2013 at Chaparral Suites Hotel in Scottsdale. If you would like more information about attending or sponsoring this event, please contact Mari Andrzejewski at (480) 312-2438.