North Area Park and Ride
The City of Scottsdale recently constructed a new Park and Ride facility at the southeast corner of Scottsdale and Thunderbird roads.
The new facility includes:
• Approximately 275 parking spaces – 173 of which are covered
• A designated walkway to guide users to from the parking areas to the passenger platform
• Well shaded and landscaped passenger platform – with the goal for this area to be as environmentally friendly as possible
• Bus circulation is separated from vehicle parking as much as possible to reduce conflicts between pedestrians and buses
• The bus loading platform will accommodate four buses
This project converted the intersection of 73rd Street and Thunderbird Road from an existing three-way intersection to a four-way intersection to provide a safe entrance/exit for both buses and passenger vehicles into the facility.
This location will serve transit riders on both local and express bus routes such as Route 511 (Express Route from Tempe to the Airpark), Route 72 (Scottsdale Road) and Route 154 (Greenway Road). Other alternative transportation choices, such as carpools and vanpools, may use the facility as well. The design will include infastructure for future electric vehicle charging stations. In addition, future Bus Rapid Transit would utilize this location.